Tuesday, September 29, 2009

3 years ago today.....and then today......

 September 29, 2006, 6pm, Fulton Christian Church is the date, time and location of the happiest day of my life. God gave me the most amazing man to call my husband and we were united in marriage on this day.  To say that it is our 3rd anniversary makes it seem like we are still newlyweds. However, many of you know we are far from newlyweds.  In fact, Mike and I have known each other now for 14 years, which happens to be 1/2 of my entire life and the same amount of time that I knew my dad. Crazy, huh?  We certainly have come a long way from 14 years ago.  We were just kids then and now we are almost parents......

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY!!!!

     Speaking of "almost parents" here is the lo-down on the pregnancy:  I had a Dr. appointment last Friday and was dialated to 1 with 0% effacement.  That was pretty discouraging to Mike as he had his heart set on last Friday having Jaques make his big debut.  On the flip side,however, we have made some progress over the weekend and I can say with almost 90% certainty that today, or tomorrow will be the birth of Jaques James Porlier.  Though today's date has a cool ring to it - nine, twenty-nine, o-nine - I would prefer to wait until the 30th.  As we all know, though, my preferences have nothing to do with God's timing and we will most certainly be happy with whatever day he chooses.
     Last week, Mike and I decided that we would splurge a little and decided to purchase a video camera as a early Anniversary present.  Last night we video taped a little blurb introducing Jaques to his nursery.  I don't know how to upload yet, but will learn soon and then I will be able to post the video.  I think we will get many years of great use out of the camera.   A wise investment, if I do say so myself. ;o) 
    I have posted a few pics below of the completed nursery. I thought you might enjoy these until I know how to post video.






    Until next time.....
:o) Kara

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Kara and Mike! Jaques room is so adorable, I can't wait to meet him. You are in my prayers.

    Love,

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to hear that you're bringing home Jaques to put in that nursery!

    Love you all!
    Andi

    ReplyDelete